Donnerstag, 3. Oktober 2013

daria í frí

Hi guys!
I hope your all doing as well as I, because I like my life here in Iceland from day to day more (:
Now I have frí (=vacation) but it's only three days -Wednesday til Friday. We don't have longer holidays because I think I have almost the whole december free, except maybe a few tests I have to take. And they finish school in beginning of may, so we don't have more school then you do..
I really enjoy my vacation, althouh I don't really have plans, except sleeping long, going to choir and violin lessons and meeting friends, but it's wonderful!
Yesterday we baked Icelandic pancakes with one of the other exchange students and an Icelandic girl. Icelandic pancakes are similar to crepes. They are really thin and not that easy to make. It needs a special pan and you have to be very skilful. Sóley, the Icelandic gril wasn't patinet enough to do it and Mateo, the other exchange stundent was sleeping, so I had to do them, but it was a lot of fun, and in the end they looked really good and also tasted awesome. But it was a lot and I ate that much, that I couldn't eat icecream in the evening and I had to look on my siblings eating the best icecream in town :(
  
Sóley, Mateo, Pancakes and I (:                  

I also don't speak that much English anymore. At home, I speak almost only Icelandic. I understand it if people speak slowly and with easy words. I can also almost always say, what I want, that they understand me, but it's not always correct, because in Icelandic every word changes and that kind of hard to learn, as the guys of you in Latin maybe know. Imagine speaking Latin, that's Icelandic :P
In school there are some people, they speak English with me, althoug I speak Icelandic, but I think they'll change to Icelandic soon.
I also have English classes, and there we learn a lot, or we should learn a lot (our teacher don't know how to keep us quite). We mostly learn vocabulary and not that much grammar but I have some grammar for you -in Icelandic :D
But the teacher is nice. In the last class before the vacation we watched Friends (:

conditional clauses in icelandic

enjoy your vacation!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Dear Daria - am I getting this right: you'll make Icelandic pancakes for us upon your return? ;-) Will you actually get back to Switzerland at the end of May already? Poor English teacher, not keeping you guys quiet. Luckily, G2B is such a good class, they never give me trouble.... ;-) Are you reading novels/short stories or plays as well in English? Best, your "Miss"

    AntwortenLöschen